Sunday 25 September 2011

LESSON 4 MR FRANCIS

Erotic, redemption, marxism, moralism, and feminism. I included all of these interpretations into my peice of writing 'Discuss all the possible interpretations in 'Goblin market'.'
Femisim in Goblins market is a huge interpretation, i discovered this as i had so much to write about and many quotes showed femisim;
'Two flowers in one stem'
This quote i feel strengthened my arguemnt when discussing feminism as it is the goblins describing the sisters, not only does it describe there close bond between the sisters despite difficulties in their relationship, it shows what the Goblin men feel about the girls, showing their erotic attitude towards the girls they had caused such trouble between and with.
Line 468
'Hug me, Kiss me, suck my juices' is a very interesting line showing most of the interpretations. Femisim of Lizzie doing anything for her sister in hope for her health to deteriate no more. The words used could be seen as erotic despite being between the two sisters. Marxism, the fruit was the start of the problem as the goblin men desperatly sold in their hope for trade, causing this final desperate scene. Redemption as Laura sucks on her sisters neck almost sucking the 'innocence' out of her sensible sister Lizze, before she falls back into her old usual state.
This peice of writing helped me get all my different ideas down onto paper, helping me remeber them in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment